ADVANTAGES OF THE SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY
- The stomach is reduced in volume but tends to function normally so most food items can be consumed, albeit in small amounts.
- Eliminates the portion of the stomach that produces the hormones that stimulates hunger (Ghrelin).
- No dumping syndrome because the pylorus is preserved.
- Minimizes the chance of an ulcer occurring.
- By avoiding the intestinal bypass, the chance of intestinal obstruction (blockage), anemia, osteoporosis, protein deficiency and vitamin deficiency are almost eliminated.
- Very effective as a first stage procedure for high BMI patients (BMI > 50 kg/m2).
- Results appear promising as a single stage procedure for low BMI patients (BMI 35-45 kg/m2).
- Appealing option for people with existing anemia, Crohn’s disease and numerous other conditions that make them too high risk for intestinal bypass procedures.
- Can be done laparoscopically in patients weighing over 225 kg.
- It can be converted / upgraded to almost any other weight loss procedure.
POST-OP DIETARY PLAN FOLLOWING SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY
A carefully designed dietary plan follows the surgery. Patients must stick to a liquid-based diet for 2 weeks after surgery. A soft Diet follows for a further 2 weeks. About 4-5 weeks after the operation, patients graduate to a 600-800 calorie/ day solid diet. Generally, patients are able to consume a reasonable meal around 6 months after surgery.
Bariatric Surgery is a starting point to changing the eating behavior that led to the weight gain. It’s important to remember that if these habits do not change after the operation, one finds it difficult to lose weight or regain weight later.
sleeve surgery | sleeve surgery in dubai | sleeve surgery in uae | best sleeve surgeon in dubai | Sleeve Specialist | Sleeve surgery before and after | Sleeve Surgery reviews | Sleeve Surgery diet | Sleeve Surgery cost | Sleeve Surgery video | Sleeve Surgery weight loss | Sleeve Surgery near me | weight loss | weight loss diet | weight loss tips | weight loss diet plan | weight loss foods | weight loss drinks | gastric sleeve appointment