Top Super Team!
Welcome to Sleeve Surgery in Dubai
Over the last 10 years, Sleeve Gastrectomy has become the most performed weight loss operation throughout the world. According to statistics, in the United Arab Emirates, 8 out of 10 weight loss procedures are Sleeve Gastrectomies. The reason for this popularity is predictable and enduring weight loss, coupled with the relative lack of long term complications.
WHAT IS SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY?
Sleeve Gastrectomy is a weight loss procedure which involves reducing the size of the stomach to about a volume of 120 to 150 ml. The surgery is carried out laparoscopically using small keyhole incisions. The stomach is stapled and cut at the same time using a stapling device and sutures are applied to reinforce the staple line to minimize the chances of a leak.
HOW DOES THE SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY WORK?
- Weight loss following sleeve gastrectomy occurs due to several reasons:
- A reduction in the volume of food that can be consumed at a time
- A significant reduction in the levels of Ghrelin, a hormone responsible for generating hunger. Many patients also report a significant change in their food preferences, especially an aversion to sugars and carbohydrates
- Inability of the residual stomach to expand, as the stretchable part of the stomach is removed and the part that is left behind is relatively less compliant. This makes the stomach able to accommodate a moderate intake of food, but does not allow one to overeat
- The passage of food through the stomach is accelerated leading to early satiety which in effect reduces the intake without affecting the sense of satisfaction from eating.
One of the early adaptors of Minimally Invasive Surgery and the best hernia surgeon in dubai, Dr Faruq started his surgical career in India as a General Surgeon in 1982…
What our patients say about us
I Love Dr Faruq and his team! Always receive the best possible care
Fantastic personal service and attention to detail. Very happy with my surgery and support.
Experience so far has been extremely positive, team + Doctor A+
A well thought out program with lots of support. Well done Team!
Very efficient in all areas. I could not have asked for a better consultation and treatment.
Dr Faruq was very informative, attentive with adequate instructions pre and post surgery. Great Job!
Excellent! Better than I imagined the procedure would be, Dr Faruq is a calm and very professional Surgeon. I would highly recommend him.
"Mohak International Hands On Course in Bariatric Metabolic Surgery" which will be held on November 16-18, 2017 in…
Scalp hair is vital to self image and hair loss may lead to psychological distress.…
Vomiting is an often reported side effect after Bariatric Surgeries. In the immediate post-operative period, this is…
Lose up to 70% of your excess weight in the first year Improve or cure…
In recent years, the connection between lifestyle, weight, nutrition and fertility is gaining more public…
Develop a structured eating plan Plan meals at regular intervals during the day and make…
At four years, patients undergoing RYGB lost 28 percent of their baseline weight, patients undergoing…
After two years of collaboration, the Essentials of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery Taskforce of the…
sleeve surgery | sleeve surgery in dubai | sleeve surgery in uae | best sleeve surgeon in dubai | Sleeve Specialist | Sleeve surgery before and after | Sleeve Surgery reviews | Sleeve Surgery diet | Sleeve Surgery cost | Sleeve Surgery video | Sleeve Surgery weight loss | Sleeve Surgery near me | weight loss | weight loss diet | weight loss tips | weight loss diet plan | weight loss foods | weight loss drinks | gastric sleeve appointment